In Levitical times, the priests could not come before the Lord until they were sanctified. They did need to perform a lifetime of good works. They were sanctified by a blood sacrifice on the altar.
For us to come and worship God we must be justified and sanctified.
Every born again Christianbare priests.
A pastor, a teacher of the church is to equip believers to be ministers.
A priest is a 'bridge builder '. If you're foundation is not built on Jesus Christ, then the work will topple.
Who takes care of your sin? Jesus Christ. While you are trying to deal with your sin, you will continue to sin.
We are to give it to God and walk in the Spirit. We are to take our steering wheel of our life and give it to Jesus.
He wants us to grow in life and fulfil our purpose. We are all bridge builders.
Revelation 1:6 - 'and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.'
Why do we remember statues such as Soldiers on a large stone. We are called to be living stones.
1 Peter 2:5 'you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.'
1 Revelation 2:9 '
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.'
Because God loves us:
- ministers of Jesus Christ;
- Ambassador for Jesus Christ;
- we are to stand up and represent God;
- we are justified in Jesus Christ;
- we are sanctified;
- we are chosen;
- we are Children of God;
- we are to walk in the Lord;
- we have the Good News;
- justification gives us the judicial pardon in the courts of heaven for our sin;
- santification is that we are justified in the court's of heaven to be righteous (our robes must be white, clean, spotless);
- won on the cross of calvary because of Jesus Christ; we cannot earn our way onto heaven;
- blood of Christ pays for our sins;
- water cleanses us; makes us fit for heaven.
1 John 5-6: 'This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.'
1 Corinthians 1:2
1 Corinthians 6:11
Jesus Christ is my righteousness.
Ephesians 2:8-9: For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
To active sanctification we need to surrender our life to the Lord. He then wants us to grow up.