Acts 9:1-16 as background into reading Ephesians 3 (mystery which was revealed in New Testament)
• Saul's conversion - when he met Jesus!
• Jesus would show Saul how much he would have to suffer for Jesus name
Ephesians chapter 3:
• why did God choose gentiles?
• to make Jews jealous so they would come back to God
• the Mystery which forms an integral part of the gospel
• we don't have to have lots of programs, meetings
• live each day with God in our lives, daily relationship with God
• Ephesians ch 3 - Paul's explanation of his calling
• how often the word 'mystery 'is written
• explanation of the Mystery
• In ch 2 "you were dead in sin according to the world..."
• the Mystery is Christ In Us! Really simple. Paul was one of the top rabbis
• Jesus had been to rabbi school
• through OT God was trying to get the people to know Him
• Paul received his commission in Acts 9
• Paul studied the Law - he knew the Law then he meets Jesus and has to communicate this gospel of grace
• not pushing people around but show the grace of Jesus
• God doesn't walk away from us. He saves us not do we sin more but so we sin less. Gid will forgive us.
• Paul met Jesus and became a child of God
• how did Paul receive his commission? On the road to Damacus Paul met Jesus
• we all come to this point in our lives-will we say yes or no to our calling
• v6 Knowing we have an inheritance in heaven does this affect our life
• today is like chaff in the wind; there will always be poor people but we won't always have to opportunity to know Christ in us unless we meet Jesus and know him
• God works through the Church
• if we're living Christ in us we can have boldness and confidence v12
(Like Joshua and the battle of Jericho)
• What is our approach to prayer? (V 10)
• 12 men and 120 in upper room, not large numbers; what God can do in my life.
V 6 We are fellow heirs; fellow partakers
We come through Abraham-he was not a Jew; he was father of Jews
Do we make sure we are part of what happens in our community? Be salt; not to point finger but to help people.