Names are associated with important events in our lives. Either positive or negative.
Paul Bible reference Colossians chapter 4.
People had come into the church and tried to deceive people with rules that were not of Christ. What does Christ think of you? That's why names are important.
Paul - the value of Christian friendship; love God and others. God is our friend. True friendship shows care about their welfare. Paul cared about the Colossians and they cared about Paul. Mutal interest will lead to relationship of mutal dependence of caring and dependence.
God wants to see you depend on Him and he is interested in you. -
Paul wanted to go to the very heart of Christ's teachings.
- Love our brothers and sisters in the Lord
- Unity and oneness; not uniformity.
- What God cleanses; is clean.
- In Christ Jesus you are no longer a sinner but washed in the blood.
- In Christ there are no steps up a ladder
- No one is higher or greater than the other
- We are all equal in Jesus
- In Timothy we are told God wants us all to know the truth
- He wants to take the proudest to the humblest and vice versa.
- We want, like Paul to see people grow in Christ.
- Peservere in prayer with thanksgiving
- Attitude of gratitude
- Let our talk be discreet and truthful
- Everyone is a 'Minister' 2 Corinthans 5
- Beavers together build a dam wall together; accountable to each other to do their work
- We're family, great comfort to us - Romans 5:12-21
- Adam's heritage to us is disobedience; Christ heritage to us is obedience.
- You are justified before God by what Jesus Christ has done for us (on the cross)
- Titus 2:11-12 Christ saves / God saves you and teaches you
- Ephesians 4:7 God will equip you - 1 Corinthians 3:10 He enables you to do the work
- Galations 1:15-16
- dedicate ourselves each day to the Lord
- 2 Corinthians 12:7-9