The habit of Tithing; revealing our heart to God and giving to invest in the future through a weekly tithe to God 1Corinthians 16:2; 2Corinthians 8:7; Matthew 6:19-21. 1Timothy 6:18-19 and 2Corinthians 9:6
- Honoring God with my Tithing
“Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop.” 2Corinthians 9:6
- Giving our tithe reveals our Spiritual Maturity. “You are so rich in all you have: in faith, speech, and knowledge, in your eagerness to help and in your love for us. And so we want you to be generous also in this service of love.” 2Corinthians 8:7
a. Giving makes me love like my Father in Heaven.
“For God loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him may not die but have eternal life.” John 3:16
b. Giving draws me to God.
“For your heart will always be where your riches are.” Matthew 6:21
c. Giving is the antidote to pride.
“Command those who are rich in the things of this life not to be proud, but to place their hope, not in such an uncertain thing as riches, but in God, who generously gives us everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share with others. In this way, they will store up for themselves a treasure, which will be a solid foundation for the future. And then they will be able to win the life, which is true life.” 1Timothy 6:17-19
d. Giving strengthens my trust in the Lord.
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way. Never let yourself think that you are wiser then you are, simply obey the Lord and refuse to do wrong. If you do, it will be like good medicine, healing your wounds and easing your pains. Honour the Lord by making Him an offering from the best of all that your land produces.” (Proverbs 3:5-9)
“Give to others, and God will give to you. Indeed, you will receive a full measure, a generous helping, poured into your hands - all that you can hold. The measure you use for others is the one that God will use for you.” Luke 6:38
e. Giving is an investment in the future.
“Command them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share with others. In this way, they will store up for themselves a treasure, which will be a solid foundation for the future. And then they will be able to win the life, which is true life.” 1Timothy 6:18-19
f. Giving blesses me with Prosperity.
“Be generous and share your food with the poor. You will be blessed for it.” Proverbs 22:9
“Be generous, and you will be prosperous. Help others, and you will be helped.”
“Happy is the person who is generous with his loans, who runs his business honestly. A good person will never fail; he will always be remembered.” Psalm 112:5-6
g. Giving brings happiness.
“I have shown you in all things that by working hard in this way we must help the weak, remembering the words that the Lord Jesus Himself said, “There is more happiness in giving than in receiving”. Acts 20:35
- Tithing with the right attitude
Tithe to serve God. “For this service you perform not only meets the needs of God’s people, but also produces an outpouring of gratitude to God.” 2Corinthians 9:12
- Tithe cheerfully. “Each one should give, then, as he has decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly.” 2Corinthians 9:7
- Tithe freely. “I can assure you that they gave as much as they could, and even more than they could. Of their own free will they begged us and pleaded for the privilege of having a part in helping God’s people in Judea.” 2Corinthians 8:3-4
- Tithe generously. “Remember that the person who plants few seed will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop.” 2Corinthians 9:6
- THE KEY TO TITHING
“It was more than we could have hoped for! First they gave themselves to the Lord; and then, by God’s will they gave themselves to us as well.” 2Corinthians 8:5