The Book of Ruth is an account of a person who lived, this is not a fictional account. Ruth lived, she is also in the lineage of Jesus Christ and King David’s Great-grandmother.
Ruth came from Moab and lived in a time when there was a temporary peace between Israel and Moab. The theme and message of the book of Ruth is about redemption and kinsman redeemer.
Ruth chapter 1:
• Written about the time of the judges
Sometimes God will bring a trial in your life
• God is always concerned about the reminant
• Naomi no longer pleasant, delight– admitted she was bitter by all that had happened “Mara”
• Naomi was honest enough to admit her bitterness. Are we honest enough with God when we are bitter?
• Ruth, a Moabites, leaves all to go with Naomi to a nation she did not know
• Ruth showed unconditional love, she was faithful, whole-heartedly devoted to Naomi
• Although Israel went from nothing to having abundant harvests, Naomi and Ruth didn’t have food, and they didn’t know where they would sleep or eat, or be safe
• Naomi= Israel
• Ruth = gentile bride
• We, like Ruth, need to count the cost. If you are going to follow Jesus Christ, it will cost you.
• The reason we have a body of people (Church) is to encourage one another, help one another
Thinking about communion and the supremacy of Christ to know how He is far above all things. How nothing in all of creation compares to Hi...
This week Ps Phyllis shared with us on "Where do we find Encouragement and Strength in our lives?" Ps Phyllis shared with us som...
Bible ref: Genesis 2:19-24; Genesis 1:27 We are to look after what we've been given. We are made in God's image and this gives us...
Philippians 1:1-26 (NIV) Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, To all God’s holy people in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with ...