The Book of Ruth is an account of a person who lived, this is not a fictional account. Ruth lived, she is also in the lineage of Jesus Christ and King David’s Great-grandmother.
Ruth came from Moab and lived in a time when there was a temporary peace between Israel and Moab. The theme and message of the book of Ruth is about redemption and kinsman redeemer.
Ruth chapter 1:
• Written about the time of the judges
Sometimes God will bring a trial in your life
• God is always concerned about the reminant
• Naomi no longer pleasant, delight– admitted she was bitter by all that had happened “Mara”
• Naomi was honest enough to admit her bitterness. Are we honest enough with God when we are bitter?
• Ruth, a Moabites, leaves all to go with Naomi to a nation she did not know
• Ruth showed unconditional love, she was faithful, whole-heartedly devoted to Naomi
• Although Israel went from nothing to having abundant harvests, Naomi and Ruth didn’t have food, and they didn’t know where they would sleep or eat, or be safe
• Naomi= Israel
• Ruth = gentile bride
• We, like Ruth, need to count the cost. If you are going to follow Jesus Christ, it will cost you.
• The reason we have a body of people (Church) is to encourage one another, help one another