What does "walking in the spirit: mean? We often wonder what a spiritual act is. It can be practical. Being held accountable. Help in reconciling differences. Helping others to reconcile differences.
Read Joshua 1:1-9: 1 After the death of the Lord's servant Moses, the Lord spoke to Moses' helper, Joshua son of Nun. 2 He said, “My servant Moses is dead. Get ready now, you and all the people of Israel, and cross the Jordan River into the land that I am giving them. 3 As I told Moses, I have given you and all my people the entire land that you will be marching over. 4 Your borders will reach from the desert in the south to the Lebanon Mountains in the north; from the great Euphrates River in the east, through the Hittite country, to the Mediterranean Sea in the west. 5 Joshua, no one will be able to defeat you as long as you live. I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will always be with you; I will never abandon you. 6 Be determined and confident, for you will be the leader of these people as they occupy this land which I promised their ancestors. 7 Just be determined, be confident; and make sure that you obey the whole Law that my servant Moses gave you. Do not neglect any part of it and you will succeed wherever you go. 8 Be sure that the book of the Law is always read in your worship. Study it day and night, and make sure that you obey everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Remember that I have commanded you to be determined and confident! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for I, the Lord your God, am with you wherever you go.”
- follow the Lord
- Obey Him
- be confident and courageous, not passive or weak
- allow God to renew our minds
- don't live on circumstances, walk in the spirit - we can only do this with God's help
- Don't be religious. Our victory is that we are free from the power and judgement of sin in Christ Jesus
- If you live by your old nature you will die
- if you live by the Spirit you will walk in victory
- True believers live by the spirit and not by the flesh
- Salvation comes through faith in JC
- Our righteousness comes from God through JC
- Not worshipping God results in living that horrible life described in Romans 1:16-32
- Our practice needs to be giving God first place in our lives - as for me and my household, We will serve the Lord - this is our starting point.