Bible references: Heb. 10:25; Gal. 6:10; Ephesians 2; Romans 12:5; Hebrews 10:24; Eccl. 4:9-12; Proverbs 27:17; Heb.3:13; Gal. 6:12; Matthew 18:20; John 17:21; 1 Peter 4:10; 1 Corithians.
· As Christians, we are to be actively participating in the family of God
· Not actively participating in God’s family is disobedience
· Being in a family means doing things together – fellowship
· We do good to each other because we love each other
· Jesus Christ is our Foundation Stone, Corner Stone, and Cap Stone – we, the family of God make up the wall, without all of us the wall will have a hole and crumble.
· The household of God is held together by Jesus Christ NOT by us
· A family is a place to belong and we should be able to express and practice love and reconciliation within the family
· We are not to be deceived by sin and stubbornness
· We are to protect the UNITY of the family
· We all have different ways of serving one another and the Lord
· We are to actively serve one another,
· Accept one another
· Greet one another,
· Bear one another
· Honour one another
· Teach and be devoted to one another
· God has given all His People a ministry – reconciliation
· If you can’t reconcile with those in your local family (i.e. the local church you belong to) then you can’t reconcile with believers no matter where you are in the world.
Something to reflect upon….