Bible References: Proverbs 14:4; 1 Corinthians ch 12-14; 1 Corinthians 13:1-2; Romans 12:9; Romans 12:9-21; Acts 2:42; Ephesians 4:3; Romans 14:19; 1 Peter 3:8, Colossians 3:13-17; 1 Peter Ch.3; 1 Timothy 5:1-2; 1 Timothy Ch.3Church Structure:
· Should be a safe place where love, patience, honesty and care for each other abide
· The saying “You should love your brother but you don’t have to like him”, is a lie. You need to both like and love each other .
· The Church is a family (organism) not a club or business (organisation)
· As we care for our bodies and promote their well-being, so too we should care and promote the well-being of the Church body
· Each member of the Church family has a role
· We are bound together because of Christ
· Care for each, help each other
Fellowship is a priority:
· Anything that causes disunity affects the Church
· Disunity is sin
· Structure within the Church needs to promote unity and downplay differences
· Families are built on relationship not rules
· Each member of the Church has a role; e.g. a mother is not elected, she is gifted
· Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd who knows His Sheep. He cares for His sheep. Pastors and Elders care for the spiritual well-being of the flock (family) of God. They don’t breed sheep. Sheep breed sheep.
· Christians are accountable to each other for spiritual growth. To grow spirituality, you need to be a part of a local church family.
· God gives us what we need to live in a healthy family – we need to respond to this and be active in our local Church family.