For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:8-16 NIV https://bible.com/bible/111/heb.4.8-16.NIV
Sunday, November 19, 2017
Romans 4:1-25 GNB
Friday, November 3, 2017
It was so encouraging to read this story of Doug and Faye Jones.
..."How does one write about a day? Which day should we choose? Most days seem to follow a regular pattern, but then the Scripture says “we don’t know what a day may bring forth”..."
Click here to read more!
Monday, October 30, 2017
Sunday, October 15, 2017
1 Thessalonians 5:1-28
People in remote areas of our country receive messages via the airwaves that are negative. They need positive messages via radio that bring hope.
Pray for our fellow countrymen who live and work in the remote areas of our country.
1 Thessalonians 5:23
When we become Christians, life is not all rosy. We live out our Christian walk, everday. Test us, teach us Lord so that we grow in faith.
We are taught We give our heart to the Lord and it's all rosy. Scripture does not teach this. We need to live out our faith. We are just like everone else, we need Jesus Christ. We will be asked when we get to heaven, what did we do with His Son?
In Christ, our salvation is secure. Whether we are alive or dead, we will be in heaven with Jesus. There are responsiblities placed on believers.
• when the respect goes from the leadership of the Church, the edification of the people goes. God appoints the leaders of the Church. Church is not a democracy; it's a theocracy. It's not about the person but about God. Failure to respect the authority in leadership is failure to respect God.
• Those who oppose us; their reward will be God's punishment. It's important to respect the authority placed by God. When we fail to respect what God has put in place, then we don't edify. If someone rejects Jesus because of my witness, I answer for it.
• spiritual leadership is to tend and shepherd the flock of God. ( example: Peter - do you love me, asked by Jesus)
• example is part of our witness. Lifestyle is important. Example is important. Our example, our witness is so important.
• Jesus washed the feet of his disciples. Power is not example.
• counsel people who are lazy to work. A lot of people in Australia today don't want to work and the church has not held this accountable.
• the Church is to care and the downtrodden, orphans and widows.
• the world makes the same mistakes everyday. Jesus loved the world and laid his life down for them.
• patience with people.
• v 15-22 believers in everyday life. Evidence - forgiving spirit; seeking to do good to one another and all people; the example of maturity in the church has been lacking.
• rejoicing; giving thanks. Giving thanks is a big deal. It can be hard when you help someone and it's not good enough. They don't give thanks.
We need to praise God for who we are.
• Quench the Spirit. Don't do this. It has caused a lot of damage. Don't despise prophesy or teaching. Abstain from all forms of evil. Walk with God and he will walk with us.
Thessalonica was a young church under enormous pressure. This church followed Jesus. Rules can never replace love, compassion and caring. It can't replace edification.
People groan under the weight of endless rules. Human nature rebels against loads of rules.
We need to be giving the message to people that God loves them. Rules Rules and more rules went over the top.
The biggest issue in Australia today is male suicude. People need to know God loves you. So much that He died for you.
Paul wanted the people to grow up spirituality. Mature. Growing up and looking after each other.
Monday, October 9, 2017
"One hundred years ago men from the Southern Hemisphere fighting under the flag of the British Empire opened the way for the Jews to come home. Today the battle is raging over Jerusalem. Donald Trump’s disinclination to announce his embassy’s move to the Israeli capital has opened the way for other nations to take the lead. In this Centennial year of the Battle of Beersheba, will Australia make the move it knows is right?"...
Click here to read more
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Sunday, September 17, 2017
• 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
The Apostle declares no special knowledge. The Word of the Lord - sometimes we do things we don't need to do. Use the Lord's authority; 'the word of the Lord '.
Jesus in Luke 24:13-26 taught two of his disciples about the authority of the Lord. He should them their plans were contrary to the word of the Lord.
• 2 Timothy 3:13-16
• 2 Peter - the origin and purpose of scripture. From God. Scripture revealed to those who wrote it down. Scripture can only be understood through revelation by the Holy Spirit.
Believers alive at the return of Christ will not be given advantage. Verse 16 - the Lord himself will return.
• John 14
The Lord Jesus himself is coming for his church. He is coming as a King. It will be different to his first coming. It will be noticed. The return of Christ will be noticed by the whole world.
What Christ gives to you; you will keep. This gives us hope. We will be in glory with Him.
A Great Way to share the Word
1) FaithWriters has adopted Matthew 6:33 as our site verse.
2) BIG NEWS - Silver Members Can Now Enter the Writing Challenge.
Silver members can now enter the Writing Challenge once a quarter starting with the October 4th topic. We could give you pages of quotes from current and past members who love what the Weekly Challenge has done to improve their writing. Give it a try. https://app.getresponse.com/click.html?x=a62b&lc=BVNpY&mc=Bv&s=CaDLZ&y=H&
3) FaithWriters E-book Store –easily increase your e-book sales.
If your e-book is in our store this is a MUST DO! You can now make your book available to buyers in all the popular download formats. All you need to do is log in as an Author in our e-book store and then go to manage ebooks. Add the URL’s for your book on Amazon and Smashwords in the box where requested. We are investigating adding Lulu also. Do it before we start the promotion of the store for the holidays. https://app.getresponse.com/click.html?x=a62b&lc=BVNpu&mc=Bv&s=CaDLZ&y=m& Please only add Smashwords and Amazon URL’s currently. Others will be removed.
Thank You All for Your Articles that Lead People to the Site and for your Support and Prayers for FaithWriters.
Mike & Bea Edwards